Deprecated: Using ${var} in strings is deprecated, use {$var} instead in /home4/acarbons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bad-behavior/bad-behavior/blackhole.inc.php on line 55
REQUEST FOR QUOTE FOR POWDERED ACTIVATED CARBON TO CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA - Activated Carbon and Graphene
Menu Close

REQUEST FOR QUOTE FOR POWDERED ACTIVATED CARBON TO CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steve Smith
    Participant

Message Body:
    REQUEST FOR QUOTE FOR POWDERED ACTIVATED CARBON TO CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA

• Please provide a quotation for Powdered Activated Carbon for use in the removal of geosmin in water treatment.
    • I want to buy 400T of coal-based Powdered Activated Carbon for delivery to Cape Town in South Africa.
    • We want a premium coal based Powdered Activated Carbon with a geosmin removal efficiency rate of at least 90%.

1. How much is your Total Landed Cost to Cape Town in South Africa?
    2. Do you have enough quantities of carbon activated carbon that I want?
    3. How long will it take you to deliver to Cape Town in South Africa?
    4. What is your lead time to deliver to Cape Town in South Africa?
    5. When can I expect to receive the product if I gave you the Purchase Order now?
    6. Are you able to deliver the full order of 400 Tonnes at once or it would be in smaller delivery batches? Please be truthful.
    7. Can you send me a sample of your powdered activated carbon?
    8. Do you accept Letter of Credit for payment?
    9. I want my bags to be 250kg and 25kgs and in the bag design of my choice. Are you able to make custom made bags?
    10. What is your production capacity per month?

1. SPECIFICATIONS
    1.1 The Powdered Activated Carbon is required for the removal of substances such as geosmin and algal toxins, which cause unacceptable tastes and odours in the water.
    1.2 The substances to be removed from the water are geosmin and microcystins. As dosing facilities are limited, only carbons which have a high degree of effectiveness in removing these substances will be considered. It has been found that industry standard tests such as Iodine Number are poor indicators of performance in this regard.
    1.3 These substances generally occur seasonally when continuous dosing is required. At other times, only intermittent dosing may be required to arrest the problem if present.

2. QUALITY

2.1 Typical characteristics shall be as follows:
    Sieve Analysis Sieve Size (mm) Maximum % Retained
    0,355 0
    0,150 1
    0,075 15

2.2 Moisture Content: Maximum 10%
    2.3 The Powdered Activated Carbon shall be certified as suitable for the treatment of potable water and shall contain no soluble mineral or organic substances. A Certificate of Analyses must be submitted with the tender submission for product/s offered.
    2.4 The Powdered Activated Carbon must have a high adsorptive for geosmin and microcystin and cost-effective removal will be of prime importance.
    2.5 Activation shall be done preferably by the steam activation process only.
    2.6 Reactivated or recycled carbons will not be considered and shall not be offered as any part of the tender.
    2.7 Any bag containing debris or physical contaminants will be rejected. Unwanted material of this nature may lead to the whole batch being rejected.
    2.8 The tenderer shall be liable for any damage caused by physical contaminants in the Powdered Activated Carbon.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.