Menu Close

new sulfur functional carbons – technology available

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am undertaking a project for The University of Liverpool to explore potential interest in licensing or acquiring a unique microporous sulphur functional carbon (MPSC) intended for removal of mercury (and other heavy metals) from gaseous and aqueous waste streams.

Unlike may technologies arising out of University labs I believe this technology can be readily industrially scaled and will significantly undercut the in-use costs of incumbent products.

Having undertaken a survey of the market I thought the technology would have great synergy in your  business and enable you to offer your customers something unique to the industry providing both technical and economic benefits.

Essentially MPSC offers exceptionally high saturation capacity to adsorb Hg (approx. 85% loading), very fast uptake, low metal leakage from support and the ability to reduce mercury to trace levels.

Clearly these features should translate into economic and operational benefits for the customer.

The Liverpool team have already demonstrated its utility in model experiments and we would be delighted to present the data to you in a non-confidential presentation over a conference call.

If this is of interest, please suggest some dates for a call.  The technology is covered by a couple of patent applications which have not yet published.
    We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes
    David Pears
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-pears-a32b2a2b/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.