To understand how activated charcoal works, it is important to know the difference between “adsorb” and “absorb”. Sponges absorb liquids, and they can be squeezed out. Charcoal adsorbs liquids, and binds to toxic chemicals so that they cannot escape.
Healing properties of Activated Carbons:
- Detox: By binding with organic chemicals from pesticides, plastics, and other pollutants.
- Detox: By binding with viruses and bacteria.
- Gentle on the colon and does not damage the mucus lining of the intestines.
- De- bloats by binding to gases.
- Facilitates digestion.
- May help lower cholesterol, triglycerides and lipids found in the blood.
- Helps relieve constipation.
- Helps with acne.
- Kills parasites like Candida.
- Removes the toxins in the human body. (The toxins are eliminated through feces).
- Helps with food poisoning